Bloomreach XIN mods
by Marnix Kok
last published on 22 November 2021
A Headless CMS Content as a Service Solution for Bloomreach XM
The XIN mods are a set of tools that turn a vanilla Blooomreach XM install into an easy-to-deploy Fully Headless Content as a Service instance that you can use to quickly model and query information in your repository with!
It includes the following:
- A more compact authoring experience.
- More dynamic asset management with focus point selection.
- Package management - move your content between servers.
- Multi-tenanted Document REST API to query and retrieve the documents you need.
- XIN Mods Collections that allows you to store and retrieve simple flat documents.
- Admin panels and custom iframe panels for integrations with other systems you use.
- Finally integrating the CMS events with your other microservices.
- An easy to use NodeJS package to integrate your systems with Bloomreach XM easily.
- All the great things you know from Bloomreach XM.
Want to jump right in? Get started here!
XIN Mods fit the bigger picture
What XIN Mods provides is a mature CMS platform (Bloomreach XM) adjusted to be more in tune with whatever frontend technology you might be using to interface with your users, making it truly headless. It does this by implementing a functionally rich CaaS (Content as a Service) layer on top of the excellent Bloomreach XM APIs.
XIN Mods makes it so that your CMS isn't the center of the universe, instead it will simply a cog in a larger machine.
Powerful REST APIs extensions connect you to the CMS in an easy to understand way.
In short, the XIN Mods let Bloomreach's Experience Manager fit into the bigger picture of organisations that already have a wealth of infrastructure without requiring the entire ecosystem to bend to its needs.
Why Bloomreach XM?
Bloomreach XM has been around for a long time. The core team responsible for building it is highly skilled and technically excellent. They have based their CMS on an amazing array of Open Source Java technologies that cause it to be stable, flexible and sure to be around for a long time.
Over time, what the CMS can do has increased many times over. However, quite a few of these functions are not necessarily relevant to a large number of potential users, either because they already have other tooling in place that does the same thing, or just because their business isn't ready to think about things like personalization.
In those situations, these functions become a distraction. With that in mind, XIN Mods simplifies how Bloomreach XM is presented to the end user, without sacrificing any of its technical excelence.